Here we explain the overall registration process for foreign students:
Enrollment usually takes place in the first week of the academic year, but not later than November 1st. It starts by filling in, at the Dean’s Office, a standard registration form, which can be downloaded from the University’s website. The same form must be submitted at the beginning of each academic year.
For self-funded students (paying in foreign currency), the registration is made on the basis of the criteria specified for the admission competition and the registration order of the Ministry of National Education, provided the tuition fee is paid and the study contract is signed.
The complete file will be registered at the Dean’s Office, after its review and approval by the Ministry of National Education, in accordance with the legal procedures in force.
The file must include the following documents:
- The Baccalaureate Diploma/ an equivalent to the Baccalaureate Diploma or the certified translation (in case the document is not issued in French or English). Diplomas issued in Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Cyprus must present the Hague Apostille.
- For countries which are NOT part of the Hague Convention, study documents shall be authenticated additionally or shall be submitted together with Statements of Authenticity from the appropriate institutions. Additional authentication is carried out by the Ministry of External Affairs in the issuing country and the Romanian Embassy/Consulate in the respective country, or by the Ministry of External Affairs in the issuing country and the country’s Embassy/Consulate in Romania and the Romanian Ministry of External Affairs; for countries where there are no Romanian diplomatic missions, the study documents shall be approved by the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of External Affairs from the issuing country;
- High-school transcripts (grades IX – XII) or a certified translation of high-school transcripts, in case the document is not issued in French or English;
- The certificate of linguistic competence in the language of tuition (Romanian, English of French), with level B2 / independent user as the minimal accepted level, with the exception of citizens of France, Belgium, Luxemburg, Canada and Switzerland (for the French as language of tuition) and Great Britain, USA, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, India, Canada and South Africa (for English as language of tuition);
- A copy of the passport (pages 1, 2, 3 and 4) valid for at least 6 months following acceptance to study at the University
- Certified copy/certified translation of the birth certificate (in case the document is not issued in French or English)
- Letter of Acceptance/Certificate of Recognition/Equivalence for studies, issued by the Ministry of National Education
- Registration form;
- The signed contract of study
- Medical certificate containing proof of hepatitis B vaccination, information whether or not the candidate is registered as suffering from chronic diseases, that the candidate does not suffer from contagious diseases or other diseases incompatible with the future profession, and the candidate’s psychiatric evaluation. In case the document is not issued in French or English, a certified translation is necessary
Candidates admitted in the first year and not enrolled in the period established by the decision of the University Board, lose the right to be enrolled.
Each student is enrolled in the matriculation register under a unique number, valid for the entire period of study.
In December, the Dean’s Office releases each student a “Student Card”, a document which confirms the student status, for which you have to provide 2 standard ID photos (to the head of the series).
Contract of study
This document establishes the terms of the relationship between students and ‘Grigore T. Popa’ University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Iasi. It can be downloaded from the University’s website, to be delivered in 2 copies to the Dean’s Office.
Enrollment in the second year and the following years and the signing of the contract of study are based on the submission of the registration form. The registration form must be filled in by each student within the first 15 days of the beginning of the academic year, must be approved at the University Library and submitted personally (compulsory for the students who repeat the year) or by the head of the series at the Dean’s Office.
The timetable is displayed at the faculty’s notice boards and on the University website, at least one week before the start of each semester.