On call duty (aka “Garda” in Romanian)
Every year, we have to do 4 shifts (‘Garda’), during one semester.
- You will have to contact the doctors who are on call in the department you are interested in. The ‘Garda’ takes place during the visit of the patients, usually in the afternoon. (This depends on the department)
- Here you have the link for places where you can attend the garda: http://dspiasi.ro/informatii-utile/garzi/
- Gather in groups of maximum 4 persons for one shift
- 2 duties in Surgery and 2 in Internal Medicine (Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Cardiology, ENT etc)
- When you complete them all, you need to give the filled-in standard form to the head of the series (responsible student of the seria-year)
- The standard form, together with a list of doctors you can contact, will be shared by the head of the series during the semester (updated every academic year).
- The summer practice is mandatory and it should last for 3 weeks (3 weeks-15 days-8 hours per day).
- You can have it here, in your country or in other countries in an authorized hospital
- The summer practice certificate (form) will be shared at the beginning of July (a different form in each academic year). It must be filled and signed by the summer practice coordinator (Professor/ Specialist doctor/Chief of the clinic).
- You have to scan it and send it to your faculty secretary before a specific date which will be announced by the Dean’s Office.
- If you do not complete the summer practice, you will proceed in the next academic year with a rest of 2 credits exam, for which you will have to pay 160 eur (80 eur / credit).